Presented by West Fraser
JOIN A TEAM THAT CONSTANTLY PUSHES THE LIMITS OF PERFORMANCE AND INNOVATION
West Fraser is an integrated diversified forest products company with more than 60 facilities in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Europe. The company manages its forest resources responsibly with a view to sustainable development. It produces lumber, engineered wood (oriented strand board, laminated veneer, medium density fiberboard, plywood, and particle board) and other products, including including pulp, newsprint, wood chips and renewable energy. West Fraser products are used in home construction, repair and remodeling, industrial applications, papers, tissues and box materials.
DIVISIONAL ACCOUNTANT – CHAMBORD LAC-ST-JEAN QUEBEC
The Plant Accountant leads the accounting team at the OSB plant at West Fraser in Chambord, Lac-St-Jean. This position reports directly to the general manager of the plant and indirectly to the chief accountant of the Quebec plants. This key person evolves in a diversified and enriching environment and is an integral part of the management committee by participating in the plant’s high-level decisions.
• Ensure the advisory role to the general manager in the decision-making of financial orientation for the accounting of the plant and that of the
• Manage the accounting department team.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual plant financial statements and budget forecasts while monitoring allocated budgets.
• Prepare and review expense analysis reports and variances to plans and forecasts: Determine trends in
expenses and opportunities for improvement and to address accounting anomalies and irregularities.
• Ensure that financial records and systems controls are in place and operating effectively, in accordance with governance rules and company policies.
• Provide leadership in working capital management, including reviewing and monitoring store inventory management, and
optimizing accounts payable without negatively impacting mill operations and the management of our forestry operations.
• Support plant management in managing capital projects by tracking spending trends, evaluating benefits
as well as project performance and post project verification.
• Support the process of managing plant performance indicators by identifying gaps and questioning improvements
• Support continuous improvement initiatives and the sharing of best practices by developing analyzes that identify areas
of opportunity. Communicate the results of these initiatives to the management team.
• Prepare, manage and support internal and external audits.
• Ensure the payroll management service, management of accounts payable and receivable for the operation of the plant and forestry operations.
• Actively participate in the projects of the corporate finance group by assuming leadership in their area of expertise.
• Have obtained a university degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
• A professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA or CA) is a major asset
• Knowledge of recognized international accounting standards
• In-depth knowledge of the Excel suite
• Fluency in French, English (oral and written)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX, Longview software (an asset)
• At least five (5) years of relevant accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience in all cycles of financial management (operation, cost management and financial analysis)
• Experience in managing a team
• Strong recognized sense of ethics, confidentiality and good judgment
• Have a concern for precision and quality
• Strategic with good communication skills
• Refined ability for time and priority management
• Ability to manage change positively
• Ability to multi-task through both planning and organization
• Demonstrate initiative and be comfortable problem solving
We offer competitive pay and benefits, place great emphasis on the development of our employees while embracing equal employment opportunity for diversity and inclusion.
Those interested in this challenge can submit their application before August 31, 2022 to the attention of:
Please indicate the position you are applying for – reference 1-08
We thank all applicants, however only those selected will be contacted.