Specialist, Marketing and Promotions
Application number: 166186
Job Category: Digital Strategy and Loyalty Marketing
Job type: Full time
City: Montreal North
Our team of 134,000 employees, affiliates and franchisees have a collective passion: to deliver exceptional shopping experiences and premium food to all of our customers. Our mission is to enhance the lives of families, communities and our employees. We are a family that nurtures the family spirit.
We are a proud Canadian company born in small town Nova Scotia. Today, we’re in communities of all sizes across our great country. We have more than 1,500 stores spread across the ten provinces. Whether you know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods or Lawtons Pharmacies or another of our banners, we are one big family.
Job opportunities will be posted for a minimum of 5 business days from the initial date of posting.
Reporting to the Head of Promotion, Sponsorship and Community Engagement, the incumbent will be responsible for managing and developing contests, promotional campaigns (excluding loyalty) and private label campaigns for the IGA, Les Marchés Tradition, Marché Bonichoix and Rachelle-Béry.
More specifically, the candidate will be required to:
- Participate in strategic orientations for contests and promotional initiatives (excluding loyalty) and private brands for all banners;
- Take charge of any ad hoc request for competitions;
- Track and analyze the performance and impact of contests and the activities of our competitors.
- Provide the necessary recommendations for the optimization of our campaigns;
- Manage and coordinate with creative and media agencies the development of communication and production supporting contests and marketing promotions (excluding loyalty) and private brands according to plans and budgets;
- Write internal communications tools and set up presentations related to promotional campaign activities;
- Collaborate with the retail operations function for the execution of in-store contests and information technology for the development and implementation of the technological aspects related to their execution;
- Collaborate with the merchandising function to maximize the profitability of contests, marketing promotions (excluding loyalty), and private label campaigns and involve our other business partners;
- Contribute to the execution of certain sponsorship projects;
- All other related tasks at the request of his superior.
The person we are looking for has:
- University degree in marketing, communications or a related discipline;
- Relevant experience of 3 to 5 years (experience in an agency an asset);
- Knowledge of Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of digital platforms (an asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in French and English;
Personal characteristics :
- Very good sense of organization, rigor and attention to detail;
- Client-oriented and results-oriented attitude;
- Good conceptual and analytical skills;
- Initiative, creativity and dynamism;
- Autonomy, good judgment and excellent team player;
- Excellent ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work under pressure.
Why come to work at Sobeys?
- Flexible working hours and telecommuting policy;
- Welcoming and friendly environment;
- Teamwork ;
- Proximity to senior management and openness to new ideas;
- Company involved in its community;
- Inspirational cafeteria;
- Employee discounts at some of our merchants.
Sobeys is committed to meeting the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. The company will therefore work with candidates who request accommodation at any stage of this process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.