– The complete 2022 NFL preseason schedule
New revelations about Deshaun Watson
This Tuesday, the New York Times published an investigation giving a new dimension to the situation of Deshaun Watson (QB, Browns). Already, the article significantly increases the scale of the problem. The player would have called on at least 66 masseuses in 17 months, and they would be more numerous than the 24 complainants to have faced sexual requests from him. The survey shows messages.
Above all, the Texans are implicated. According to the article, Watson not only used a room in a hotel booked by his franchise on various occasions during his appointments, but he allegedly used a confidentiality agreement with the masseuses that was given to him – according to his own statements – by the franchise’s director of security, Brent Naccara, following threats from a masseuse.
Enough to waver the version of the Texans who have always declared that they know nothing of the actions of their former star.
Aaron Rodgers will go season by season
The Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers explained this Tuesday at a press conference that he wanted to end his career in Green Bay but that he did not know how long he would still play.
“I don’t want to commit,” said Rodgers, who was signed for 3 years and $150 million with the Packers. “I’m not going to say that I’m only going to play for a year and realize that I have a bitter taste and that I still have the desire and the passion to play for another year or two. I just don’t want to feel stuck. I am focused on this season. I will never make it last during the off-seasons. (…) We will sit down at the end of the season, hopefully after a title, and decide what’s next,” explained the four-time MVP.
One day less for the Bears
While the Organized Team Activities (OTAs) were taking place this Tuesday in the NFL, the Bears did not show up. According to Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune, Matt Eberflus and his staff violated no-contact rules during the May session.
They would therefore have had a day withdrawn during the current session as a sanction after intervention by the league and the players’ union. The new era is not starting in an ideal way in Chicago. The information has been confirmed by the NFL.
DK Metcalf hits the wall
Bad surprise on the side of the Seahawks. After a complicated offseason that saw the departures of Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner, the Seattle franchise could not count on this first day of minicamps on its receiver DK Metcalf.
If the player suffers from a small leg injury, his absence would be due to a contractual matter, according to information from NFL Network. With a year remaining on his rookie contract, the Seahawks juggernaut is in negotiations with his franchise to be extended, and talks are apparently stalling.
Mandatory minicamps in brief
– Good news from the side of the 49ers. At odds with his frankness, Deebo Samuel (WR) showed up well at franchise training camp in San Francisco on Tuesday. Not enough, however, to be completely reassured on the side of the fans of the 49ers. ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler explained that the situation between the two sides remains status quo, and that Deebo Samuel still wants to leave. Nick Bosa (DE) was also present, although his coach Kyle Shanahan explained that negotiations for a new contract had not started.
– Allen Lazard (WR, Packers) still hasn’t signed his restricted agent contract. He is therefore not present at the minicamp, and Aaron Rodgers (QB) is therefore deprived of one of the only targets he knew for OTAs.
– Treylon Burks (WR, Titans) did not appear on the pitch on Tuesday. The player would suffer from asthma.
– Darius Leonard (LB, Colts) had back surgery on Tuesday. The reason for the intervention was not specified. According to information from Zak Keefer of The Athletic, his injury should prevent him from participating in the pre-season, but he should be back for the regular season.
– Sean McVay announced that Kyren Williams (RB, Rams) broke his foot. The runner is expected to be back for the start of training camp this summer. The riders of the reigning champions are definitely dragging their feet, since Darrell Henderson (RB) is deprived of training due to muscle pain.
– Daniel Jones (QB, Giants) is fully recovered from his neck injury, according to his trainer Brian Daboll. Whether this is good news for New York remains to be seen.
– According to his trainer Zac Taylor, Tyler Shelvin (DT, Bengals) had wrist surgery and will be absent from the minicamp, without his participation in the preseason being called into question.
– Touched in the ankle during training on Tuesday, DaeSean Hamilton (WR, Texans) will have to be operated. The ligaments would not be affected, and he should be back within the year.
– The Raiders hired Jesper Horsted (TE). Las Vegas therefore has six tight ends for its minicamp.
– The NFL wants to establish itself in Africa. A few days ago, the Eagles were given priority over marketing rights in Ghana. But the league also intends to be physically present. On June 21, a player scouting event will take place in Ghana. Former Giants Osi Umenyiora will notably have a role in the operation. (ESPN)
– The Commanders announced that they will soon have a new fight song. It will be unveiled on August 13 during their first preseason game. A new mascot is also in preparation.
– BJ Finney (OG, ex-Steelers) announced his retirement after 7 seasons. The player has spent the majority of his seasons in Pittsburgh despite short spells with the Seahawks and Bengals.
Bill Belichick rediscovers old habits
Not everyone knows this, but Bill Belichick had played as a varsity center at Wesleyan University. This Tuesday, he showed some remains by returning to service for a short session with Mac Jones. At 70 years old, beautiful flexibility.
If you squint, you can see Bill Belichick playing center for Mac Jones and the RBs. 😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/f2KTGti4Y3
—Henry McKenna (@McKennAnalysis) June 7, 2022
Don’t forget to follow us on social networks by clicking on the links: Twitter – Instagram – Facebook
You can support us directly on Tipeee.
Or by betting at Unibet.
Or by subscribing to NordVPN through this link.