OM advance on Witsel, PSG blocks for Skriniar, Lukaku close to Inter, Kalimuendo towards the exit, Marseille inquired about Nico… Here is the Top 5 of the big transfer window files of the day not to be missed. Also discover the Tlgramme Foot Transfert, so as not to miss any of the news of these 24 hours.
Axel Witsel soon Marseille?
With the summer transfer window now open in France, clubs are busy preparing their squad for next season. From Monday to Saturday at 6 p.m., Maxifoot offers you daily the best of the biggest transfer window files and a summary of the main information from the past 24 hours, with official transfers and rumors deserving particular attention.
In one click, you have most of what you need to know about the transfer window! To see all the information classified by date or by club, go to the Maxifoot transfer window tables.
Mercato: the TOP 5 files of the day that should not be missed
1. OM advance with Witsel
Midfielder Axel Witsel, free after the end of his contract with Borussia Dortmund, represents a very hot track for Olympique de Marseille in this summer transfer window. According to information from RMC radio, the Marseille club is in advanced negotiations with the Belgian international.
As expected, the discussions between the two parties relate to a two-year lease, with an optional additional year. To possibly finalize this operation, the vice-champion of France is waiting to receive the green light from the financial policeman of French football, the National Management Control Department. In any case, OM seems to have Witsel’s preference.
2. PSG blocks for Skriniar…
On this summer transfer window, the central defender of Inter Milan Milan Skriniar embodies a priority for the sports adviser of Paris Saint-Germain Luis Campos. But so far, the French champion has not been able to reach an agreement with the Italian team, which is demanding between 70 and 80 million euros to sell the Slovak international.
And according to information from the transalpine daily Corriere della Sera on Thursday, negotiations are currently blocked between the two parties. Indeed, the PSG refuses to increase its offer more than 60 million euros. On this issue, Paris could play for time in order to put pressure on Inter, which absolutely must bail out its coffers before the end of June.
3. Lukaku close to a return to Inter!
It’s no secret that after another failed adventure with Chelsea, striker Romelu Lukaku wants to return to Inter Milan. A desire shared by the Nerazzurri, who are currently working on a possible comeback from the Belgian. According to information from Sky Italia, but also from La Gazzetta dello Sport, Big Rom would only be found more than 5 million euros from the vice-champion of Italy!
Indeed, while the Blues claim a paying loan of 15 million euros, the Milanese would currently offer 10 million euros. Nevertheless, negotiations continue and an agreement seems totally possible between the two parties in the coming weeks.
4. Kalimuendo towards the exit
Back after another successful loan from Lens, striker Arnaud Kalimuendo is expected to leave Paris Saint-Germain permanently this summer. While the capital club intends to take advantage of the high odds of its young talent to free up cash, Leeds has won a first offer estimated at 20 million euros, according to information from the English media The Independent.
The Peacocks would notably target the French international Espoirs to compensate for a possible departure of Raphinha, courted in particular by FC Barcelona and Liverpool. However, the negotiations would not be easy between the two parties because of PSG’s desire to insert several clauses in this deal, with a potential buyout option.
5. Marseille inquired about Nico
It’s no secret that Olympique de Marseille wants to strengthen itself in the midfield during this summer transfer window. And at the request of coach Jorge Sampaoli, the Marseille club took the temperature concerning FC Barcelona midfielder Nico, according to information from the Catalan daily Sport on Thursday.
But for the moment, the Blaugrana have closed the door on the departure of the young talent, expected to begin preparation with the group at the disposal of coach Xavi. However, Nico’s situation could eventually evolve in the event of one or more reinforcements in this area of play with the vice-champion of Spain. A case to follow…
Telegram Foot Transfer – updated on Thursday June 16 at 6:00 p.m.
It’s official :
– The right side Mehdi Zeffane has signed Clermont until June 2025.
– Laszlo Blni was appointed coach of FC Metz.
– Real Sociedad have announced an agreement for the transfer of the striker from Angers Muhammad Ali Cho.
– The right side Mattia De Sciglio extended Juventus Turin until June 2025.
– The midfield Clement Grenier extended Mallorca until June 2024.
– The middle Romain Sass signed for three years Besiktas.
The TOP hallway noises that should not be missed:
In France :
– Like Paris Saint-Germain, Napoli target Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca.
– Olympique de Marseille is very interested in the Atalanta striker Luis Muriel.
– Dj followed by Marseille, Lyon and Lille, the middle of AS Roma Jordan Veretout also interests AS Monaco.
– Free after the end of his contract with AS Saint-Etienne, the striker Wahbi Khazri has contacts with Marseille, Lille and Nice.
– With AS Monaco, Lyon discusses for the Liverpool winger Takumi Minamino.
– The middle of Caen Johann Lepenant will sign Olympique Lyonnais.
– The middle of Lyon Houssem Aoaur arouses interest from FC Sville, Betis Sville and AS Roma.
– The trainer Lucien Favré could succeed Christophe Galtier on the bench of OGC Nice.
– Bordeaux striker Ui-jo Hwang flat Nantes, Troyes, Strasbourg and Montpellier.
– FC Barcelona will make an offer of 40 M€ (bonus included) for the Bayern Munich striker Robert Lewandowski.
– At the end of the contract, the right side Dani Alves was not retained by FC Barcelona.
– The central defender of FC Sville Jules Kound gives his preference to FC Barcelona.
– The winger Vinicius Junior will extend at Real Madrid until June 2026.
– To take control of Athletic Bilbao, coach Marcelo Bielsa dreams of the striker’s arrival Antoine Griezmannon loan from FC Barcelona to Atletico Madrid.
– Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus made the decision to join Arsenal.
– Arsenal will offer the midfielder of FC Porto Fabio Vieira for €40 million (bonus included).
– Manchester City prepare their attack for the left-back of Brighton Marc Cucurella.
– Liverpool to sign Aberdeen right-back Calvin Ramsay.
– Manchester United are interested in the middle of FC Porto Vitinha.
– On loan from Atletico Madrid, the striker Alvaro Morata will not be retained by Juventus Turin.
– Inter Milan striker Martin Satriano will be ready Empoli.
– Vahid Halilhodzic would be ready to resign from his position as Morocco coach.
+ The transfer window tables of LIGUE 1 clubs
+ The EUROPE transfer window tables (Eng, Spain, Ita, Germany)
See you tomorrow at 6 p.m. for a new edition of the Journal des Transferts. Don’t forget in the meantime to consult the briefs of the day, complementary to the JdT! Find all the transfer window information in real time on Maxifoot!