Carrying out campaigns on the internet is a main lever for the development of a company. Expert in Google Ads ads, the Eskimoz agency supports all online advertising projects.
Here is an overview of how the platform works and what you need to know.
What is Google Ads used for?
Google Ads is a tool for launching online advertisements. Its main purpose is to reach new customers and prospects through the distribution of personalized advertisements on the web. It adapts to the objective and budget of a company, whatever its size and sector of activity.
Professionalized in the management of campaigns on the web, the Eskimoz agency supports you in your commercial strategy.
There are two ways to create an account: in smart mode by default or in expert mode. The first version is aimed at beginners and small organizations. The second mode is suitable for marketing professionals. It allows for better control and meticulous parameterization of campaigns.
To weave its network on the web, a company relies on four levers:
- promoting its identity
- increase in sales
- the intensification of its notoriety and its brand image
- increased traffic to their website
Thus, each campaign requires a configuration based on a commercial objective defined by the company. By specifying the desired goal, the platform offers advice and adjusted features to optimize the chances of success.
To complete the creation of the account, the organization must fill in the billing information (country, time zone, profile and method of payment).
Five Steps to Understanding the Google Ads Ads Display Process
The different steps to understand how Google Ads ads work:
- The user expresses a query on the Google search bar;
- Google Ads sorts ads by keywords. These must correspond to the terms formulated by the Internet user;
- It selects advertisements that respond to a good user experience (eg relevance of the ad and of the landing page, expected click-through rate). The ad must therefore meet minimum quality conditions;
- During this ranking phase, the platform displays ads on the results page. Several factors depend on this such as the amount of the bids or the relevance of the ad and the website;
- The prospect sees ads and can click on one of them.
The steps to follow to launch a campaign with Google Ads
Setting up a campaign follows a formal process. Its configuration requires basic knowledge of how online advertisements work and understanding user behavior. L’Eskimoz agency brings you its skills to develop effective advertisements.
It is necessary to define beforehand the desired business objective. This information helps to better target ad placements. Targeting differs if the display is made on a Google results page, while browsing a blog or while viewing a YouTube video.
The mention of a budget defines an average daily amount. Depending on the company’s expectations, it is possible to manage the budget automatically or to control it manually. Based on monthly billing, Google Ads averages 30.4 days without ever exceeding the total amount limit.
The determination of an audience directs placement of advertisements. By specifying the geographical criteria, the choice of an Internet channel and a list of keywords, the profitability of the advertising investment improves.
Whether automatic or manual, bidding strategy maximizes clicks, conversions or traffic. Management by Google Ads is based on performance at the precise moment (search conditions of Internet users, competitors’ proposals) while manual entry requires precise knowledge of its results and its market.
The process of campaign creation ends with the writing of the ads. Remember that Google Ads is organized into three classes:
- level 1: the account (email management, password and bank details)
- level 2: campaigns (parameter management)
- level 3: ad groups (text and keyword management)
A few key points to know
Here are some things to consider when launching your Google Ads campaigns :
- Creating an account in smart mode requires the immediate launch of a campaign. This is not the case for use in expert mode;
- Google’s Keyword Planner is still needed to search for targeted phrases;
- Bidding strategies do not necessarily award victory to the highest bidders. Other criteria are taken into consideration such as the relevance of the text, the quality of the landing page or the context of the search at the precise moment;
- A minimum ranking score must be achieved to successfully serve an ad. It corresponds to a guaranteed minimum threshold to offer Internet users a qualitative advertising experience. It is characterized by the actual CPC amount;
- The actual cost per click is always lower than a maximum cost per click bid. However, the choice of an optimized CPC strategy or an adjustment of the bids may authorize an overrun depending on the opportunities identified;
Finally, remember that Google Ads meets your commercial expectations. Its use in the standard version makes it easier to get started with the tool and for more advanced use, you can switch to expert mode. It is also possible to seek the services of a qualified agency in the matter to obtain better performance.